language

BACK

Pearlescent pigment preparation technology solves four major

January 27, 2021


YORTAY pioneered advanced treatment and coating process for glass flakes

The reporter learned from YORTAY that the preparation process and key technical projects of the series of pearlescent pigments (pearlescent materials) completed by the company have passed the evaluation of experts organized by the China Nonferrous Metals Industry Association. An expert group composed of Qian Yitai, an academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, unanimously agreed that the overall technology of the project has reached the international advanced level.
 
The evaluation opinions show that the project pioneered the advanced processing and coating process of glass flakes using synthetic mica as the base material, and realized the stable, continuous, and mass production of high-quality pearlescent pigments, and the high temperature resistance and biological safety of the products were significantly improved. The quality meets EU standards.
 
This process can not only greatly improve the color, stability and temperature resistance of the product, reduce production energy consumption by 40%, but also reduce my country's dependence on the import of pearlescent pigments from the total dependence in 2015 to 40% in 2018. The product import rate has also dropped from 80% in 2015 to 50% in 2018.
 
According to the person in charge of the project unit, the project solved four key technical problems: First, the preparation process and formula were optimized, the technical problem of the glass flakes being difficult to be coated uniformly was solved, and the gloss, brightness, and color density of the product were improved. The second is to improve the performance of the product, replacing traditional mica and other substrates with glass flakes, greatly reducing the content of heavy metals, and the special pretreatment process makes the product have good transparency, strong flicker, high color density, and strong graininess; third, more developed Functional tungsten oxide-mica composite pearlescent pigments, through structure and component control to improve the photochromic properties of tungsten oxide; fourth is to develop high-reflective pearlescent fluorescent products, organically compound pearlescent pigments with luminous marker powder, and develop high-reflection pearl Fluorescent products can be used to improve the safety of driving at night.
 
The project has produced significant economic benefits and good social benefits. Using this technology, the project team built a large-scale production line with an annual output of 20,000 tons in 2014. More than 200 products in 10 series have been exported to more than 40 countries and regions such as the United States, Germany, Spain, and the new output value has increased by 4.61 in recent years. 100 million yuan, with a profit of 164 million yuan.
 
According to reports, the preparation of pearlescent pigments previously mostly used natural mica as the raw material, and high-quality natural mica was scarce, and the price was high and the supply could not be guaranteed. This has become a major problem restricting the development of the industry. At the same time, its downstream sectors such as daily chemical and food industries set strict limits on the heavy metals contained in pigments, and products produced by traditional mica preparation processes are also difficult to meet the standards.